The Denver Post Community Foundation Grant Application Information
Please note: The Denver Post Community Foundation grants are separate from The Denver Post Season To Share grants. You can find information on Season To Share here.
General Information and Requirements for The Denver Post Community Foundation:
– Agency must be a 501(c)3 organization (as shown by the agency’s IRS 501(c)3 tax-exempt determination letter)
– Grant requests falling within the stated guideline areas can be for program support or general operating support
– Agency must serve the Metro Denver area (primary)
– Agency has been operating for more than one year
– A current audit or IRS 990 must be made available
– Agency must be in good financial standing
– The amount of the request should not exceed $10,000
**Please note: Agency must wait a full year to request funding after receiving a grant from The Denver Post Community Foundation, including a Denver Post Season To Share grant. The year starts when a grant is received, not when an application was submitted.
Funding for the following will not be considered:
– Capital funding
– Individual schools
– Individual persons
– Religious organizations for religious purposes
The application process starts with a digital Letter of Introduction (LOI). Full applications are accepted on an invite-only basis. The LOI should be no more than two pages and include the following:
– Background on the organization and its mission
– Demographic and geographic areas served (along with numbers served)
– Clearly state requested guideline with a description of how the requested funds will be used
– A description of the organization’s most recent program impacts
– Complete organization contact information
Please email completed LOIs as an attachment with your organization’s name and requested guideline in the subject line to: DPCFgrants@denverpost.com (hard copies will not be accepted)
**LOIs for the 2017 Education & Literacy and Human Services areas were accepted through June 16, 2017. Notification of invite to apply was issued in July 2017. Grant awards were announced in October 2017. Please note: beginning in January 2018, all Human Services grants will be funded through The Denver Post Season To Share program. For information on Season To Share guidelines, click here.
**LOIs for the 2018 Arts & Culture area were accepted through September 22, 2017. Notification of invite to apply was issued in November 2017. Grant awards will be announced in February 2018. Please note: Children and Youth grants will now be funded through The Denver Post Season To Share program. For information on Season To Share guidelines and timing, click here.
For more information, contact:
Communications and Grants Manager
The Denver Post Community Foundation